European Bird Census Council, Forest Technology Centre of Catalonia (EBCC-CTFC)
WHO WE ARE
The European Bird Census Council (EBCC) is an association of expert ornithologists co-operating in a range of ways to improve bird monitoring and atlas work and thereby inform and improve the management and conservation of bird populations in Europe. EBCC will be represented in this project by the Forest Sciences Center of Catalonia (CTFC) which is formed by a Spanish consortium of different public authorities, including the University of Lleida and the Catalan Regional Government. With more than 120 staff, it is an applied research institution active in the fields of forestry, biodiversity, and sustainable management of natural systems and resources.
WHAT OUR EXPERIENCE IS
The main lines of action of EBCC-CTFC are to bring together those interested in the study of distribution, numbers and demography of European birds to:
- Encourage monitoring of bird populations that is rigorously planned with clear objectives
- To promote the development of indicators of biodiversity in Europe.
- To run major international projects (e.g. European
- Breeding Bird Atlas and the Pan-European Common Bird Monitoring Scheme). EBCC has also promoted International initiatives on the spatial modelling of bioidiversity such as the EBCC Spatial Modelling Workgroup which aims at producing of European trend and abundance maps from national bird monitoring schemes.
WHAT WE DO IN EU BON
- Assessment and evaluation of biodiversity data sources
- Enhanced methods for species distribution modelling
- Status and trends in populations in relation to associated drivers and scenarios of biodiversity change for a riskassessment.
- Optimizing monitoring designs and improving their cost efficiency
- In-depth analysis of biodiversity data use in conservation policy
IN EU BON WE MAINLY CONTRIBUTE TO
WP 3 Improving tools and methods for data analysis and interface
WP 4 Link environment to biodiversity: analyses of patterns, processes and trends
WE ARE ALSO INVOLVED IN